CR-2 Character Repeater / RS-232 Line Driver / RS-485 Converter


Extends RS-232, Converts RS-485/422, Re-generates ASCII characterss - Industrial Rated (-40 to +75C)

 Line Driver / RS-485 Converter
Front View

  • Repeats RS-232, RS-422 (often named RS-485 4-wire), RS-485 data
  • Drives 4 wire lines up to 5,000 feet
  • Converts RS-232 to RS-485/422 4-wire or RS-485 2-wire
  • Regenerates asynchronous characters to correct timing problems
  • Industrial rated temperature from -40 to +75 C
  • Two asynchronous serial ports
  • RS232, RS422, or RS485 2-wire or 4-wire
  • Ports speeds to 57.6 Kbps
  • Works in Point-to-point and multipoint applications
  • Easy to setup and maintain
  • Configuration via serial or ethernet port
  • Used to regenerate over-sampled data
  • Compact size; stand-alone or rack mounting
  • AC and/or DC power supply
  • User name and password option for configuration security
  • ROHS, CE
Read the Product Manual!

DESCRIPTION

The CR-2 is an industrial rated asynchronous line driver, interface converter, and character repeater.

The line driver mode is used to connect RS-232 interfaces up to 5,000 feet apart using a 4-wire link.

It regenerates asynchronous data to corrrect oversampling errors, or drive up to 5,000 feet of copper wire. The CR-2 uses UARTs in addition to RS232 and RS485 2-wire or 4-wire drivers and receivers (The CR-2 is RS422 compatible using the RS485 4-wire setting). The CR-2 regenerates both the electrical signals and the characters.

Regenerating characters is useful when back to back links that user over-sampling are tied together. For example, over sampling 19200 bps asynchronous data over a 56 kbps synchronous circuit will shorten or lengthen each 1 or 0 by up to 34%. Receiving devices will typically correctly recover the data with 34% bit length distortion. However, back to back over sampled links can add another 34% bit distortion, for a total of 68%. A bit distortion of 68% results in bit errors.

The CR-2 removes async bit distortion by regenerating the characters. Each of the bits of a character coming out of an asynchronous UART have the same time duration.

The CR-2 is shipped with both interfaces set to RS232. The user can option the CR-2 for RS422/485 4-wire operation or for RS485 2-wire operation by using the configuration menus through the console port, telnet, or web-browser configuration management features.



SPECIFICATIONS

General

Indicators

Controls

Physical/Electrical

Environmental


Questions? Phone us toll free at 800-432-2638

Due to the nature of this product,
we prefer that you phone us and discuss your application prior to ordering.

Item Number Description Price Buy Now!
CR-2 Character Repeater / Line Driver(5-30VDC and 120 VAC power supply) $249 Qty:
9501033 Optional 36-72 VDC Input Power Supply $ 75 Qty:
9501081 Optional 125 VDC Input Power Supply $ 125 Qty:
9902090 Optional DIN rail mounting clips $ 5 Qty:

img
Data Comm for Business Inc.
2949 County Road 1000 E
Dewey, Il 61840
Voice: 217-897-6600
Toll Free: 800-4-DCB-NET
Toll Free: 800-432-2638
Email: Contact Page
Web: www.dcbnet.com
Fax: 217-897-1331
Shopping cart is
HACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9 of hacker crime.
All DCB web pages copyright ©1995--2016 Data Comm for Business, All rights reserved.
EtherPath®, EtherSeries®, EtherPoll®, EtherBridge® and EtherModem® are Registered Trademarks of Data Comm for Business, Inc.